Yesterday, I made a list of what kind of woman I wanted to be. Today, I was thinking about what I kind of man I wanted to find.
“I still believe in fairy tales
I still believe in picking flowers
I still believe in getting lost in someone’s eyes
And talking for hours
I still believe in shooting stars
I still believe in midnight drives
And butterflies you get
Right before you kiss for the very first time
I still believe in miracles
I still believe in wedding rings and bibles”
So, here is the list I came up with:
1. Basically Eric Church: Guys Like Me, A Man Who Was Gonna Die Young (I already mentioned this song, but come on? That last part of the song is perfect: “So baby, when you bow your head tonight. Could you tell the Lord I’ve changed my mind?And with you I’d like to live forever.”)
2. I want someone as patriotic as Toby Keith. (I mean I’m not called America for nothing.)
3. I want someone to take me fishing after church on Sunday.
4. I want someone who pushes me. I want us to make each other better just being together.
5. I want a relationship like that old couple I met at church. They hold hands during the service every single Sunday. (It’s pretty much the cutest thing I’ve ever seen.)
6. I want someone who grow closer to You with. I want someone with a servant’s heart.
7. Words of affirmation is my love language. So, this could either be really easy because the way to my heart is to simply tell me they love me. But, it’s a double edged sword because the quickest way to hurt me is to say something negative to me. Even if I say that I let it go, it will replay in my head, always telling me I’m not good enough.
8. I want someone to build a home with. That white house with blue shutters and red front door. I want a wrap around porch with a porch swing where we can plan our lives together and drink sweet tea. I want the white picked fence. (Did you notice that it’s red, white and blue? I mean seriously, they call me America for a reason.)
9. I want someone I can pray with.
“Lord I’ve been prayin’
For somebody I’ve never seen
I’ve been gettin’ so lonesome
Waiting for him to come around
But if you’re teaching me patience
I’m willing to wait this one out
I’ll be patient
Lord take your sweet, sweet time”
So, that is my prayer. I pray that I never stop believing in love like Jana Kramer’s song. I pray that I remember Marie Miller’s song and keep praying for him. I pray that I live that quote about getting so lost in you that he has to look towards you to find me. I pray that when I meet the person you want me to be with that we grow with you. I pray that he is doing well, wherever he is. I pray that he leans on you. I pray that he finds strength in you. I pray that no matter who he is that he loves you, first and foremost. I pray that you guide him and protect him. I pray that you keep watching over him and keep your hand on his life. I pray that he knows he is never alone. I pray that he knows he is loved by you. I pray that our relationship revolves around you, Lord. And as always I pray for my family and sorority sisters. I pray for my university. I pray for guidance for our government, church, and school leaders. I pray for protection for our troops. I pray for all of those that need you now and for those that haven’t met you yet. In Jesus’ name, Amen.