“It’s a good morning!
Wake up to a brand new day
I’m stepping, stepping on my way
You give me strength,
You give me just what I need
And I can feel the hope that’s rising in me.
It’s a good morning”
It’s labor day and I have so much to be thankful for today so I’m gonna make one of my lists.
1. I am thankful for my new dog. His name is Jackson. Bryce said he would teach him how to hunt. He is the most precious thing ever! He’s so sweet and smart and so well behaved! Jackson is a lab and terrier mix and he is about 9 weeks old. He is gonna live with my family until I move off campus and can get a place where I can keep him. On the way to get him we sang Johnny and June’s “Jackson.” (I get so excited for the “go comb your hair” part, I practically scream it.)
“Well, go on down to Jackson; go ahead and wreck your health.
Go play your hand you big-talkin’ man, make a big fool of yourself,
You’re goin’ to Jackson; go comb your hair!
Honey, I’m gonna snowball Jackson.
See if I care.”
2. I’m thankful to have some time at home and be surrounded by such a wonderful family. Mariah, Morgan, Bryce, Daddy, Mama, and Samantha are all here. We are about to eat lunch. Dad cooked bar-b-que and ribs all night long. This morning Dad got Jackson up and let him play outside while he smoked the food on the grill.
“God is great and God is Good,
And we thank God for our food;
By God’s hand we must be fed,
Give us Lord, our daily bread.
3. I’m thankful for my daddy who took care of me. He got me new tires and an oil change yesterday so that I can go home safely today.
4. I’m thankful for my mama who got Jackson a camo bed, leash, and everything camo.
5. I am thankful for such a wonderful day. It’s been such a perfect day.
So that is my prayer today. Thank you Lord for everything you have given me. Thank you for today and for my family. Please keep watching over my family and protecting them. Make sure they take care of Jackson while I’m gone too. Keep my eyes open so I can see the beauty in all your blessings around me. And as always I pray for my family and sorority sisters. I pray for my university. I pray for guidance for our government, church, and school leaders. I pray for protection for our troops. I pray for all of those that need you now and for those that haven’t met you yet. In Jesus’ name, Amen.