“I hear the drip, drip drops falling on my rooftop
The lightning joins in and the thunder starts to beatbox
Gotta smile on my face
It’s a perfect day to go dancing in the rain.”
I feel like it rains everytime I’m in a bad mood now. Like you just know when I need to be reminded that your plan is bigger than mine and reminded of your love. When I hear that first couple of drops I just stop what I’m doing and start smiling like some goofy kid. Then I start remembering and realize how big I’m blessed. So, for today, I’m gonna make another list. (See? I love making lists!)
1. Thank you for sisters that pick me up every single time I fall. Even when they have no idea that they keep me going just by being themselves.
2. Thank you for friends back home keeping me grounded and reminding me of who I am while still supporting who I am becoming.
3. Thank you for family that takes care of me in more ways that I can count.
4. Thank you for blessing me with the many beautiful opportunites I have in front of me especially being able to attend the University of South Alabama.
5. Thank you for making me just the way I am, flaws and all. I am not perfect. (Even though I say I am practically everyday.) Thank you for loving me anyways and thank you for putting people in my life that love me anyways too.
I pray that I remember Shane Harper’s song and I learn to stop and take a minute to enjoy what is around me and go dancing in the rain. I pray that I remember to stop and thank you for all the many ways I’m blessed. I pray that I learn to show others how to dance in the rain too. I pray that you keep guiding me and changing me. I pray that you keep working on my heart. And as always I pray for my family and sorority sisters. I pray for my university. I pray for guidance for our government, church, and school leaders. I pray for protection for our troops. I pray for all of those that need you now and for those that haven’t met you yet. In Jesus’ name, Amen.