My dad sent me his devotion this morning with a list of questions.
“When you engage and live what your God-given assignment in life is, knowing that God is on your side, you become unstoppable. Will you make mistakes? Of course! But God loves you enough to correct you, redirect you, and get you back on track. ‘How do I go about living my assignment?’ you ask. Here are fourteen helpful questions to ask yourself:”
(1) What talents has God given to me? organization, consideration for others, obedience, and I’m a real good planner.
(2) What gifts has The Holy Spirit given to me? exhortation, discernment, and administration.
(3) What motivates me to work hard and be productive? words of affirmation, ya girl like to hear good things about herself.
(4) What keeps me going forward when I’m worn out? Worship music, I turn it all the way up and completely shut out the world.
(5) What makes me refuse to quit when I meet with resistance? spending time in the Word.
(6) What do I do that brings a positive response and support from people? this prayer blog and fostering.
(7) What am I doing or what’s happening in my life when doors seem to open automatically and effortlessly? praising and trusting You, Lord. You are my provider.
(8) Who are godly counselors I trust that will encourage me in my walk and witness? my Titus 2 friends.
(9) What have I done that gave me that excited satisfaction of working for God? working in a group home for teenagers.
(10) What makes my creative juices flow? worship music and listening to sermons.
(11) What am I willing to sacrifice in order to accomplish my purpose for God? Everything. Take it all and use it for Your good.
(12) What am I doing that I’d be proud to offer for God’s approval? fostering.
(13) What would I do without being paid for it if I could afford to? working full time in ministry, for the church.
(14) What would I be willing to withstand Satan on, in order to accomplish it? fostering, I know that I absolutely cannot do it alone. I need You, Abba Father.
So, here is my prayer today. I did a quiz that gave a Bible word for 2020. My word was Gather. When I first saw the word, I thought it was about gathering people together for You. Psalm 102:22 says: When the peoples are gathered together, And the kingdoms, to serve the LORD. But maybe it’s about gathering me too. 1 Corinthians 5:4 says: When you are gathered in the name of our Lord Jesus and I am with you in spirit, along with the power of the Lord Jesus. Father, I am gathering everything I have and everything I am and everything I will be. Father, take my talents, my gifts, my money, my time, my resilience, my brain, my empathy, my compassion, my heart, my love, my family and friends, my joy, my peace. Father, take it all, take it all for your glory. I cannot do this alone, Abba I need you. I am nothing without you. And as always I pray for my family and sorority sisters. I pray for my university. I pray for guidance for our government, church, and school leaders. I pray for protection for our troops. I pray for all of those that need you now and for those that haven’t met you yet. In Jesus’ name, Amen.